Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Signed Copies on Preorder




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Fault in Our Stars
By John Green
272 pages
Dutton Juvenile, to be released May 1, 2012

The title, The Fault in Our Stars, is a reference to the famous line in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars/But in ourselves, that we are underlings.” The Fault in Our Stars, a novel about teens dealing with terminal illnesses, features Green’s first female narrator, 16-year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster, who is battling thyroid cancer.

— Per Publisher's Weekly

So I couldn't even find a full description of the story, and there's no cover art. But who cares!? It's John Green! Though, granted, I do love some of his books more than others, his are some of the smartest, funniest and most heartfelt young adult novels out there today. Right now, I'm reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson (co-written with the fabulous David Levithan), and it's clearly another winner.

Bonus? Green just announced he'll be signing every preordered copy of the book. Every. Single. One. Is he not the nicest? And so freakin' innovative. Read all about it here on PublishersWeekly.com. Can't wait!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. I'm soooo excited for this book! I've got my preorder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to get into the one John Green books I tried to read, but I definitely think I need to give him another try, since I love his videos and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay John Green! I have such a platonic crush on him. Like, I really, really just want to hang out with him all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get with the program & read more John Green stuff. This book sounds heavy, but I like heavy. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This sounds great. I haven't read any of John Green's books, but I have been meaning to. My cousin has thyroid cancer, so I will definitely be checking out this one. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pre-ordered a copy too! I did it as soon as he said it was available. I STILL can't believe that he's going to sign all of them!!! He is soooo amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if I wasn't already going to get this one, he had to go and say the preorders were all going to be signed. Now how can you pass that up?

    I feel like I need to preorder multiple copies. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay seriously, i'm considering making one of those paper chain countdown things for this book. JOHN GREEN FOREVAHHH

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower :)
    looks like an awesome read! I really need to check it out!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4-night-circus.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered my copy for the signature awesomeness alone. The fact that the story sounds awesome is just a bonus. I listened to Paper Towns on audio and it was one of the best I've ever heard. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...