Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on The Pledge by Kimberly Derting





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Pledge
By Kimberly Derting
335 pages
Margaret K. McElderry, to be released Nov. 15, 2011

In the violent country of Ludania, the language you speak determines what class you are, and there are harsh punishments if you forget your place—looking a member of a higher class in the eye can result in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina (Charlie for short) can understand all languages, a dangerous ability she’s been hiding her whole life. Her only place of release is the drug-filled underground club scene, where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. There, she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy who speaks a language she’s never heard, and her secret is almost exposed. Through a series of violent upheavals, it becomes clear that Charlie herself is the key to forcing out the oppressive power structure of her kingdom….

— Amazon.com description

Kimberly Derting blew it out of the water with her book The Body Finder, and I've got not doubt she'll do it again with The Pledge. I first heard about this book during a book blogger preview at Simon & Schuster, and it's the one book that stayed in the back of my mind since BEA. I cannot stop thinking about it, based on the description along. I mean, scroll back up and reread it. Need I say more?!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

13 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for this one - I loved The Body Finder series, so I cant wait for this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Derting is one of those authors that after you read The Body Finder you will most likely read anything else written by her. I love the suspense she throws in to her books. I'm waiting for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and what an interesting idea for a book! Thanks for sharing!


    Paranormal Wastelands WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Body Finder, but I stumbled across this one featured on another blog's WoW a few weeks ago and it's been on my radar ever since. The premise is very cool, and it's one that I think I'll either love or hate. Definitely excited about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this one too. I am a huge fan of Derting and loved TBF as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this either - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is going to be amazing!






    My WoW.

    Mary (mfay2) @ Anxirium

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound really good. I haven't had the privlage of reading the body finder yet but def plan on it. Thanks for sharing adding it to my read list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Body Finder and Derting's writing style amazes me! I'm so waiting for this one too!

    although I chose a realistic fiction read for my wow this week:
    http://booksarevital.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very much looking forward to this one as well. It looks fantastical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot wait for this, if this book is anything like The Body Finder Series, it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...