Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Books I Haven't Reviewed, But Maybe Should Have



 
It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is Top 10 Books You Loved But Never Wrote a Review For
 
I'll be including mini reviews, as these are books I loved...plus one at the end that I'm GLAD I never reviewed:
 
The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins: Everyone should read this. In fact, high schools should teach this. My friend Ann’s school is teaching it to young high-schoolers next year. Lots of important themes and discussion points rolled into one riveting, emotional journey.  

Anything by Sarah Dessen: I have read them all (except the latest), but haven’t reviewed a single one. These are lovely romantic contemporaries from an author I can count on to tell me an enchanting story.  

Anything by Meg Cabot: Meg, I love you and I want to be you and your hair is so pretty and shiny. People, check out the Mediator Series and All-American Girl. Those are my faves.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart: Pranks! Secret societies! HILARITY ENSUES!  

Graceling by Kristin Cashore: I really enjoy main characters who are female warriors. A beautiful fantasy/romance.  

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley: I mentioned this one last week. A contemporary that takes on body image, family issues and more. It’s a moving story that stuck with me.  

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: No review because there are no words. Also, I didn’t know what a blog even was when I read most of 'em.  

The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer: I am SO glad I didn’t have a review when I first read these. Because it would be very fangirly, and my interest has definitely waned as the excitement of first discovering them wore off. That Edward – I find him scrumptious and stalkerish at the same time. Conundrum!


Anna Reads young adult book blog

12 comments:

  1. I still feel like I am about the only person in the world who didn't like The Hunger Games all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now my list would be 50 books I've read that I haven't reviewed, lol. I'm so far behind and there are some that will inevitably never get reviewed. I do think there are some that simply don't need a review....there are hundreds out there on Hunger Games and a host of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I definitely haven't reviews HP or Twilight either...read those pre-blog (and kind of glad about it!). I'd definitely like to go back and review The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. Love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we all want pretty, shiny hair like Meg's. Doesn't seem fair that she is beautiful and writes well!

    Hope you will stop by and take a look at my post for this week: Top Ten Books You Never Wrote a Review For. And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat on the Twilight series. I was so obsessed when I first read them, I don't think a review would have made any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to teach the Hunger Games in my classroom one day!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks should've been on my list!

    I also loved North of Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great books. I just got the first book the Hunger Games super excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Disreputable History was the best book I read that whole year, including novels for adults. LOVE that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please make a review of Lily of the Nile ?? :D The book is sooo great but so many doesn't know it is out there :D

    Love Emilie :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...