Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Help Support Me in the Walk4Life

That cute little kiddo on the left is my hubby!
Hi friends,

I usually don't go this personal on the blog, but I could use your help.

Last year, my father-in-law was diagnosed with ALS. It's a fatal disease that has already severely attacked his muscles and will gradually rob him of his ability to walk, speak, eat and breathe.

Some symptoms are treatable, but there's no cure.

On Saturday, Sept. 10, my family is walking in the ALS Walk4Life to show him our support in this difficult time and to raise funds for the Les Turner ALS Foundation.

The foundation is really involved in researching a cure, and considering Northwestern University just announced a major breakthrough in discovering the cause of ALS, funding is more important now than ever.

Which is where the help part comes in.

Our family has a team fundraising goal of $7,500, and I could use your help to make our goal a reality. If you can help us out in any way, please click here go to my personal Walk4Life page and make a donation.

Thank you for all your love and support!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

PS: And thank you to Ginger for the gorgeous button that you can click over there on the right. You warm my heart, girl.

6 comments:

  1. It was my honor to make that button for you <3 I hope you meet your goal & surpass it!! You're a wonderful daughter-in-law with such a giving heart.

    P.S. Look how cute Dan is! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck in reaching your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to contribute to this amazing cause!You are incredible to support Dan and his father through this and I hope you reach your goal very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ginger @ GReads! This is me testing this sweet reply button :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! This is a fantastic cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to the whole family. Wish I could walk in support too, but alas, still too far from Chi-town.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...