Saturday, August 20, 2011

In My Mailbox 20




"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.

It's been a fun weekend so far. Went to a Cubs game Friday, then to an outdoor concert venue called Ravinia to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play along to a showing of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.


I sort of think I was denial as to how big of a nerd I am. Then, Tara kindly pointed out that I spent the entire evening bouncing in my seat and clapping whenever a "good guy" did something awesome. Yeah...there's no denying it now!


From the Library:
The Boy Book by E. Lockhart (I read Book 1 last week and adored it!)


For Review:
Eyes in the Mirror by Julia Mayer (thank you, Sourcebooks)
Underdogs by Markus Zusak (thank you, Scholastic)
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard (thank you Simon & Schuster -- this is actually my book club's selection for next month, so I'm thrilled I have a copy to share with the girls!)



For Me from Me:
A new MacBook Pro...because I deserve it, dammit! Hahaha!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I am SO jealous of that LOTR showing! THAT IS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! COngrats on the new laptop. I'm pretty sure you do deserve it!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR YOUR NEW COMPUTER! I'm buying one with my bonus in September and I can't wait! I think I'm going to go with the Macbook Air...you'll have to let me know what you think of yours!

    Oh, and I should probs comment about your books, haha. Loved the E. Lockhart books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome week. Great books and an awesome new computer epic win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH HOLLA. You go on and you use that new computer, because you DO deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for macbooks! :-) it's very pretty. And I am so, so happy you're enjoying Ruby Oliver. I love her. SO HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the laptop! I got my macbook pro back in May and I absolutely love it--and wonder why it took me so long to convert? LOL And I loved the Ruby Oliver books, hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you got some awesome books this week!

    Congrats on the Macbook :)

    check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...