Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simone Elkeles Shares Her Chain Reaction Playlist

Anna's note: Simone Elkeles is rounding out her Perfect Chemistry series with Chain Reaction, the third book focusing on the third Fuentes brother:
Luis Fuentes is a good boy who doesn’t live with the angst that his big brothers, Alex and Carlos, have always lived with. Luis is smart, funny, and has big dreams of becoming an astronaut. But when he falls for the wrong girl, Luis enters a dark world he’s never known, and just when he thinks he’s got life all figured out, learns some disturbing news about his family that destroys his positive outlook on life. Will that Fuentes bad boy streak come out with a vengeance and lure Luis to live on the edge like his new girlfriend and his own father? 
Continuing all the steamy romance of the first two books, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Simone Elkeles gives fans one more satisfying taste of the irresistible Fuentes boys.
Simone was kind enough to swing by the blog today to share her playlist for Chain Reaction, which just came out last week. I loved the other two books, and cannot wait to read this one! Check out the songs:



Ridin’ Solo by Jason Derulo 

This is how Luis feels at the beginning of Chain Reaction -- solo and not really loving being single but trying to own it. He would like Nikki to realize they have some kind of connection, but since she won't he's riding solo!

Thks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy 
I imagine this playing two times...first when Nikki and Marco meet up again their senior year, and when Nikki and Luis have problems after his birthday.

Colgando en Tus Manos by Carlos Baute/Marta Sanchez  
I love how they talk about maybe it was coincidence or maybe it was destiny that they got together. I do feel like Nikki and Luis are destined to be together the minute they meet at Alex and Brittany’s wedding...it just takes a while to get them there!


Gives you Hell by The All-American Rejects 
 
I love this song. It’s my song for every person that’s had a bad breakup and Nikki can SO relate! I listened to this song a lot while writing Chain Reaction.

Take a Bow by Rihanna 
This song reminds me of how Nikki feels most of the book -- when she doesn’t trust either Marco OR Luis. I actually listened to the Glee version with Lea Michele singing it a lot while I wrote Chain Reaction.

Baby Come Back by Magic Juan 
I love the beat of this song, and I feel that Luis would be listening to this song after his birthday -- when he thinks that Nikki is still hung up on Marco.

Someday by Mariah Carey 
When I was a teen and had a bad breakup, I really wanted my ex to come crawling back to me and realize that there would be nobody who’d love him like I did.

Womanizer by Britney Spears 
A fan on Twitter suggested this song and I think it’s perfect. Nikki thinks Luis is a womanizer, and she wants to resist his Fuentes good looks and swagger...but once she gets to know the true Luis she can’t help but fall in love with him!

Danza Kururo by Don Omar ft. Lucenzo
This is a catchy dance tune that I imagine playing at Alex and Brittany’s wedding and when the brothers play Panty Discus.

Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
I totally imagine this playing at the party at Derek’s house.

Dynamite by Taio Cruz
I also imagine this song playing at Derek’s party. I love the beat, and can’t help but feel good when I hear it!



Good Life by OneRepublic 
 
This is a beautiful, slow song that I think would be played when Luis and Nikki are together in the lifeguard station on the beach -- you know what I mean!

Give Me Everything by Pitbull
Oh, I loves me my Pitbull! He’s a Latino with swagger...he should be friends with the Fuentes boys!

Time After Time by Javier Colon
This is not the original singer, but to be honest I think Javier sings it better than Cyndi Lauper. When I heard the song, it reminded me of the history that Nikki and Luis have...over the years they haven’t been able to forget about each other.

Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Luis loves Nikki just the way she is...if she’d just let him in and accept the fact that he loves her and wants to be her hero!


Lose Yourself by Eminem 
 
This is an intense song about a boy against the wall...which is how I feel about Luis when he’s confronted by Chuy.

Thanks, Simone! I adore you and can't wait to blast these songs while I read the book.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

5 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic playlist for a great book. My favorite in the series in fact. Hope you enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with the last song. Eminem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'll have to go back and read the book while playing all of these! Loved, loved, LOVED Luis's story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these books (so steamy ;)), can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the book very much and you should keep on writing more books like this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...