Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Take a Bow
By Elizabeth Eulberg
288 pages
Point/Scholastic, to be released April 2012

From the fantastic author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom & Prejudice comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.


— GoodReads.com description

First of all, I adore Elizabeth Eulberg. Have you read Prom & Prejudice? Super cute. Also, have you seen her author photo? I think she is gorgeous. Not that has anything to do with the book. Just sayin'.

Plus, one of my many guilty pleasures is movies set in high school–level showbiz, and I just know that'll translate to books. (See: Glee, High School Musical, that one movie with Demi Lovato and that Jonas brother that I watched on the Disney Channel that one time.)

Anyone else pumped for this?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

13 comments:

  1. I loved Elizabeth's other books, so I will definitely be adding this one to my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, especially since 1. I was all into musical theater when I was in HS and 2. It totally sounds Glee-esque.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a little bit like the movie Center Stage (which I love), but set at a performing arts school instead of a ballet academy. I look forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pumped! I loved The Lonely Hearts Club by this author - have you read that one? Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! I'm also waiting for this one ;) I love the cover :) this reminds me of the cover of The Pipers Son by Melina Marchetta! heard good things about this book!

    here's ours!
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds super cute, but I haven't read her other books, so I'll probably start there.

    Thanks for the weekly spotlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great pick! Thanks!

    Here's mine for this week: Until There Was You

    ReplyDelete
  8. added this one last week! great choice, anna!

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like Fame, in book form!! I hadn't heard of this until I came across it on your WoW today! Adding it to my TBR! Great pick!
    Courtney
    See my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! Sounds really good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oouu pick me, pick me! *raises hand* "Yes I am SO pumped for this" says Lulu. "Why?" you ask. "Because I loved P&P by her and I think I read it seventy times and I love her and must I go on?" "No that is fine"...... So yeah, great pick! Thanks for sharing it :) More people should read her books!

    Heres Mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww yes one of my guilty pleasures is highschool showbiz as well. Its the theatre geek in me. :P Have you read Dramarama by E. Lockhart? Its theatre awesomesauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I met Eulberg at an author signing last year and she was so super nice. I've so enjoyed her books and am looking forward to this one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...