Monday, September 26, 2011

Saving June by Hannah Harrington Review

Saving June
By Hannah Harrington

Nov. 22, 2011
Harlequin, 336 pages
Source: Publisher

Harper Scott, trying to come to terms with her perfect older sister June's suicide, takes a road trip and finds love with a mysterious boy who had a connection to June-- and may know more about her sister's life and death than he's telling.

— Goodreads.com description

I may or may not have been walking around my house singing "THIS BOOK IS SOOOO GOOOOOD!" in my Oprah voice.*

Road trips! Introspectiveness! KISSING! Oh, what is there not to love? Fans of Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and The Sky Is Everywhere will eat this one up.

Harper's older sister June kills herself without warning. To celebrate her sister's memory, Harper takes her best friend and one of June's good friends on a road trip to scatter June's ashes in California. Did I mention that "good friend" was a boy? Who plays guitar and works in a record shop? I love this stuff. Saving June is a lovely mix of grief and hope, anger and silliness.

There's a quote from the book about a Clapton song that really rings true here: "It rips your heart out. It is the best kind of devastating there is. He took his pain and he turned it into something beautiful."

Anna Reads young adult book blog

*You get really good at the Oprah voice when it's basically part of your job description to watch two hours of her show a day for three years.

10 comments:

  1. I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour so I'm glad to hear that this one is kind of similar. Bumping it up in my TBR list NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have this book on my Kindle just waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Eric Clapton moment was my favorite :-) I love this book, IMMENSELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think we both know how i feel about this book. GOOD LORD SO HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! So glad you liked it, 'cause that means I probably will too. I have it... just haven't got there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woop. can't wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I haven't read A&R I'm still really looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this one as well. It was the right kind of angst!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I loved The Sky is Everywhere! BAT. BAT. BAT.

    Also, there better be some tension in there. Kissing is no good without tension.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really enjoyed this book as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...