Monday, September 19, 2011

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Review

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By Jennifer E. Smith

January 2, 2012
Poppy, 256 pages
Source: Publisher

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


— Amazon.com description

Oh Lord, I feel bad for Future Anna. Think of all the books she has to read, the work she has to do, and yet...I can already tell she is going to spend a LOT of time rereading this book in years to come. It's a keeper, guys.

This is, without a doubt, one of the best books I've read all year. I read it in one sitting because I couldn't fathom going to bed without knowing how it ended. It's that captivating.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight has me tingling, heart-aching, giggling and swooning. It's a stunning romance that only spans a day but somehow manages to convey the ins and outs of a lifetime of love, from the warm fuzzies of getting-to-know-you to loss to the emptiness of goodbyes.

And it's not just about boy-girl love: It's also an enthralling story about the complications of family. Plus, it would make an excellent movie. HELLO, HOLLYWOOD! DID YOU HEAR ME?

I realize I'm being an awful tease by sharing the full extent of my giddiness so far in advance, but I just couldn't hold it in for a second longer. This is a book I just know I'm going to come back to for years to come. Preorder it here.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

18 comments:

  1. AHHH! You really did love this one! I mean, I never doubted your love for it, but this is to a serious extent! This makes me all the more excited to read it. I have to finish Lola and then I will start this, and I'm sure finish it quickly. Thanks again for sending it to me! Just tell me where to mail it to next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see this one as a movie, too. Looooooved it. I felt like a tease for reviewing it so early on the blog, too.. but ya know.. when you read something THIS good, it's hard not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing this one is so good, and your review really makes me wish I had brought it with me to college, instead of leaving it home to read on my christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo want to read this! Everything I've heard it is INCREDIBLE. So glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like everyone who picks this one up finishes it in a sitting! I'm not a huge fan of the 24hour plot format (even in movie/tv form) But how can I not give this a chance...Your's is the 3rd rave review I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaay! I'm totally jealous that you have already read this and I haven't, but every positive review just makes my anticipation even greater! SO looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAAH! I WANT THIS.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous! I am DYING to read this book -- especially now that I know it lives up to its awesome synopsis! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so, so, so excited about this book!!! And knowing that you love it is a huge relief. I hate lusting after a book and then reading iffy reviews. But gahhhh can't wait <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is one of the books I am most excited to get my hands on, based on yours and Ginger's reactions I think I will LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WANT THIS BOOK. sldfjasdkfj. so glad you loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. gah! I have been extremely eager to read this book. So glad you liked it!....*sits down to wait for FOREVER!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I'm glad I have this book to read already. I like a good contemp romance. It has a very Before Sunrise feel to it based on the jacket copy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so can't wait to read this one, wish it was out already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! This one looks really interesting! Glad to hear you loved it so much! It's definitely one I've had my eye on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also LOVED “The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight”!! I think the complicated family relationships made it a really rich book instead of just another teenage romance :)

    - Alyssa of Redhead Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw a play that when I was watching it, it reminded me of this book. It's called Almost, Maine. I loved it! The heart warming stories are just like this one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...