Monday, September 12, 2011

Top 10 Books Other Bloggers Convinced Me to Read




It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:

Top 10 Books I've Read Because of Other Bloggers

It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week,, and that means it's time to celebrate the book pimps, er, um...CHEERLEADERS.  Some of these books I loved; some were just okay. But it was these enthusiastic reviews that got me to INSTANTLY check out a book...



If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman 
Read Jamie's review at The Perpetual Page-Turner


Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Read April's review at Good Books and Good Wine


The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han
Read Ginger's review at GReads!


Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Read Erica's review at The Book Cellar 


Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Read Jen's review at Makeshift Bookmark


Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Read Tara's review at Fiction Folio


Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
Read Carla's review at The Crooked Shelf


A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
Read Kristi's review at The Story Siren 


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Read Melanie's review at Reclusive Bibliophile 


Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Read Jasmine and Jacinda's reviews at The Reading Housewives of Indiana 

Anna Reads young adult book blog

18 comments:

  1. Jenny Han is definitely a must! Gayle Forman is fantastic, too. Great List :0)

    My Top Ten

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Bloggers definitely convinced me to read the Summer series as well. And I'm still dying to read Across the Universe, but haven't gotten to it yet. Sigh.

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 3 of the same titles on our lists- Sales, Han, and Walker are such great writers! And I have If I Stay waiting for me on my TBR pile, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read several of the same books on your list due impart to other bloggers reviews, I finally bought a copy of If I Stay because so many people have read and raved about it. Grea t list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Jenny Han due to other bloggers recommendation too! I have very mixed feeling about the first book.I've heard a lot of good things about If I stay,Across the Universe and Nevermore from other bloggers too but I haven't picked it up yet! Fell free to check out my list

    Krazzyme @Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much greatness here! Everyone I see raves about Dash & Lily but I just couldn't get into it. I'm likely to give it a go again because it just could have been my mood at the time that kept me from being able to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure if I did this week's Top 10, half of my list would be because you told me to read the book :-) Great rec's here from GREAT sources!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John Green is an author that I discovered here on blogs. I now own three of his books, though I've only managed to read one. That's the difficulty of blog recommendations: so many great books and so little time.

    Here's my list, Top Ten Books I Read Because of Another Reader. I'd also invite you to sign up for the contest to win a $25 Amazon giftcard this month at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't read GReads! without reading The Summer I Turned Pretty books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT JUST MADE MY DAY THAT YOU READ BRIGHTLY WOVEN BECAUSE OF MY REVIEW. That book is my favorite

    And I now super want to go read Nevermore after peaking at Jen's review :) I definitely bought that like the day it came out, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.I've actually only read Brightly Woven, A Match Made in High School, and Mostly Good Girls, all three which I absolutely loved so I'll have to bump the rest of these up Mt. TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And now we're running to go order Mostly Good Girls :) Thanks AGAIN, Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todd Hewitt = love of my literary life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh those are some seriously awesome books and some seriously great bloggers! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome list! I have so many books on my shelf that bloggers convinced me to read - VA? Pretty sure that was in large part bc of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I've read Brightly Woven and I think it was good book.
    New follower here.

    Here's mine: The Blair Book Project Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy I checked my stats...otherwise I wouldn't have know I was in this post! Thank you so much, you really read it because of us?! I hope you loved it...I need to search your blog and see if you reviewed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...