Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Darker Still
By Leanna Renee Hieber
336 pages
Sourcebooks Fire, to be released Nov. 1, 2011

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.


— Amazon.com description

Oh, hello, can I please go to a ball and wear this dress? I WISH!

Anyway, I've been waiting for this book since I spoke to a Sourcebooks publisher about it at Book Expo America back in May. MAY! That's practically forever.

It sounds romantic and spooky and pleasantly paranormal. And what it comes down to is that I'm just a sucker for any book description that references Pride and Prejudice. What else can I say?

Anna Reads young adult book blog

6 comments:

  1. Dang that cover is gorgeous! Sounds creepy and intriguing. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound Delicious! And yes, I want the dress too.
    Rebecca
    www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I just read about this one on someone else's WoW! I've always liked Dorian Gray, so I am going to watch for this one. Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for this one too. I agree- anything that compares itself to P&P is a must read for me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I know, right?! That was MONTHS ago! The publicist there made me really excited to read it! Not that much longer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...