Saturday, October 15, 2011

In My Mailbox 25




"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by the very lovely Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.

From Friends:


Divergent by Veronica Roth from Jessica because I wanted it for my permanent collection! Totally worth a reread.
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins from my friend Sash as an insane surprise.


AND SHE GOT IT SIGNED! Omg, Sash rocks my socks. I love this book.

From the library:


Books 1-3 of the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. You guys. These covers are outrageous. They're from the '80s, I think, and I would NEVER have checked these books out because of PURE EMBARRASSMENT, only so many people told me to read them that I had to.


All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
Everybody See the Ants by A.S. King

Library tip: Scope out the books waiting to be reshelved -- that's where I found the two new releases above!

Such a good book week! Hope you had a good one too.

UPDATE:


A Beautiful DarkCold KissEveFatefulSupernaturally


Five books I loved -- A Beautiful Dark, Cold Kiss, Eve, Fateful and Supernaturally. Five amazing authors -- Jocelyn Davies, Amy Garvey, Anna Carey, Claudia Gray and Kiersten White.

Four of these authors (all but Anna Carey) will be at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville TODAY (Sunday, Oct. 16) with the HarperTeen Dark Days Tour! I'll be running the livestream, which you'll be able to access today at 2 p.m. by clicking here if you want to tune in and ask some questions.

Stay tuned for a recap later this week!

Plus, I forgot to tell y'all about my super fabulous lunch with Tahereh Mafi, author of Shatter Me, which just rocked my socks off. Check out a pic from our fun lunch:


Anna Reads young adult book blog

28 comments:

  1. That's exactly what SP wrote in my copy of Lola - so cool! What a nice friend to get that for you.

    And I so agree with you about stalking the books to be reshelved rack at the library. That's where the best ones are.

    I'll have to look for Everybody Sees the Ants soon. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous IMM!! YAY for a signed Lola!! Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your Lola! and Gosh, this reminds me I need to visit my library I haven't since like July = / but i have books at home that need to be read first..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the song of the lioness series, but yes, they covers are ridic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Into The Wild Nerd Yonder is TOTALLY up my alley. (obvs). also SUPER stoked for Everybody Sees The Ants!

    those covers of the Tamora Pierce books are ridiculously awesome. sport those and be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fabulous books :) I hope you enjoy them all. I need to read My Life Undecided soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books! It's so weird but I still haven't read Lola but that was a nice surprise!I'm going to get My Life Undecided so that should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy DIVERGENT made it to you :) And it shipped pretty quickly too :) Very jealous of the signed Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO in love with Divergent!!! I chose it for my book club for next month after reading it a couple weeks ago. When I read it, I e-mailed Veronica Roth to tell her how much I LOVED her book and if she knew where I could find the faction tattoos I have seen on a ton of blogs. She was so wonderful and passed my info onto her agent. The agent as well as Harper Teen are sending me faction tattoos for my book club! Not only is her book amazing, but Veronica Roth is a very generous author. So glad you loved the book as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great IMM. I loved both Divergent and Lola and like you said, they are totally worth a re-read.

    My In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul this week! I just started Divergent yesterday and so far its amazing. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just finished Divergent for the first time and I loved it! You will really enjoy "All These Things I've Done". I had an ARC of it and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Sash is the bestest friend ever! Those 80's book covers are hillarious, but since it's Pierce I'm sure the stories are made of awesome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this Tamora Pierce...

    I always check the waiting to be re-shelved shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Awesome books this week, how exciting! I hope that you LOVE DIvergent, it's one of my favorite YA dystopians ever!!

    You can see my IMM for this week at the link below :) Happy reading!

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Umm, I'm like ridiculous jealous about your lunch with Tahereh Mafi! Your desserts look delicious! And yay for your signed copy of Lola! AND DIVERGENT! So many good books.

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an exciting week you had! Awesome haul! And awesome that you had lunch with Tahereh Mafi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you got a signed copy of Lola from a friend. That is so sweet! You got an awesome haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! Alanna books! Don't worry, they are MUCH better than their covers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude, I will treasure my signed Anna & Lola forever adn ever and ever, hahaha. So glad you received one too :) Also.

    TAMORA PIERCE IS AMAAAAAZING. The covers are super embarrassing but SO good. I am so HAPPY you get to experience this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh you got to have lunch with T.Mafi! Did she make you laugh so hard you had to change your underwear?!

    PS - I totally stalk the re-shelving areas at my library too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY for lunch with Tahereh Mafi!! And I bet you ROCKED that live stream today :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cool that you had lunch with Mafi! I'm so jealous. And yay for Lola. I wish mine was signed.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  24. O wow! Lunch with Tahereh Mafi! Cool!

    I'm so jealous of your haul this week. Really amazing books!
    Happy reading!

    Here's mine: The Blair Book Project IMM

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad you have your own copy of Four now. Every one needs their own ;-) and yay for Lola! Crap. This just reminded me, I need to go to the library & get Nerd Yonder! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...