Saturday, October 29, 2011

In My Mailbox 26



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.

First of all HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Here's a pic of my some members of my book club at a big party Friday night. Why, yes, I am sitting next to Katniss Everdeen...


From NetGalley:



Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

(Thank you to NetGalley, Random House, Tanglewood and Sourcebooks!)

From Publishers:

The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes (There was a lot of !!!! involved when this one came, details later)
The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind by Meg Medina
Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald


Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly
First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

(Thank you to Candlewick, Little, Brown and Scholastic!)

Purchased:


This month's book club pick -- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder ... because April told me to!

From the Library:


Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

UPDATE:

In the mail today, a surprise gift from Sash that had me screaming "WHAT!" Then, "YES YES YES!"



A Million Suns by Beth Revis. This is my "I cannot believe a stranger could be so kind to me/my day is made" face. I LOVE YOU, SASH!


Anna Reads young adult book blog

29 comments:

  1. You've had a good week! I hope you enjoy the books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, lots of awesome books! Getting Over Garrett Delaney looks super cute. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so many great books! Graffiti Moon looks so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want Princesses of Iowa!!!!My grandparents and my fiances grandparents are both from small town in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Angel fire! I loved Angel Burn!!! Hope you like the library picks too :) You know how I feel about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you met Katniss Everdeen and lived to tell the tale without an arrow in your neck. Impressive ;)

    AHHH A MILLION SUNS!! You lucky thing! Cannot wait to get my hands on that! So excited for Darker Still and Ashfall too. And ugh, I NEED to read the Study series already. Loved Maria's Insiders books.

    Enjoy your amazing books! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have like SEVEN of these books. READALONG. And I'm totes excited about A Million Suns, even though I haven't even read AtU yet. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! A Million Suns! I want to read that one so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *loved* Poison Study! I wasn't a huge fan of the sequels though. I look forward to reading your reviews once you've read them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh. I'm definitely jealous of A Million Suns. I want to read it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yaaaaayy. nice haul this week, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I'm loving all the fantasy in your mailbox this week! The Study series, A Song of Ice and Fire, Song of the Lioness, and the Seven Realms series are some of my all-time favorites EVAR. I hope that you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PLEASE read

    the demon king by cinda williams chima
    and
    Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

    they are my best reads of 2011!!!

    they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE DEMON KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    OH THE BOYS!!!! love the strong female lead!!

    CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FINAL BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Graffiti Moon, so proud to be an Aussie with this book A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!


    seven realms series <3
    Hans Alister you are a dream! and amon too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. aGoT is sooooo good anna! so so good! and i love love the maria snyder books! it's fantasy at it's best with mystery intrigue and sexytimes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wanderlove and Graffiti Moon are both soooooooooooo awesome!!! Hope you love them!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, great books! I loved Game of Thrones so much. I hope you'll enjoy these books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! amazing IMM!!! Enjoy them all!!! =D By The ANgel! you got A Million SUns!! woooooooo!!

    Also, I invite you to t my giveaway! 3 winners and there are 12 hot YA titles from where you can choose from!
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    Tace care and Happy Reading! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so many books!! I haven't read or seen Game of Thrones but I hear it's good.. I tried watching it but couldn't get into it.. lol

    LOVE the Halloween party pic (and your OMGSOAWESOME! pic below) haha

    I picked up Wanderlove & Darker Still from NG last week too :)

    Michele | My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darker Still sounds awesome! I love your "I cannot believe a stranger could be so kind to me/my day is made" face. Haha, it's always awesome to see others get excited about books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have Darker Still and ca't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This mailbox is like WOAH! We're going to need to chit chat about Garrett Delaney, remind me later ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh awesome haul!! Ashfall was fantastic! Hope you like it as well!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for WANDERLOVE. I still need to read my NG copy! And also Getting Over Garrett Delaney looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your mailbox is exploding with awesome too!!

    I really hope you love the Study series because it is AWESOME.

    AND OMG YAYYYY FOR GRAFFITTI MOON. I really have to read that, Carla said it's good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...