Monday, October 3, 2011

Remember That Time We Went to Hogwarts?

Chillin' at Hogsmeade

First butterbeer of the day -- delicious, like butterscotch cream soda.
I could drink one of these daily!

Sirius Black wanted poster -- "Have you seen this wizard?"

Kate outside Hogwarts

With a hippogriff statue inside Hogwarts

Chocolate frogs! We got a Rowena Ravenclaw trading card inside ours.

Hogwarts Express!

More butterbeer mmmmm

Inside Ollivander's wand shop

Honeydukes sweet shop!

Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans

Outside Hogwarts

The shockingly lifelike sorting hat!

Puking Pastilles!

Best. Vacation. Ever. I totally got my nerd on, and I'd go back in a second. I could post a full recap of every aspect of my visit to Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando with my sister, but I think it's best you go experience the magic for yourself. We had hundreds of great pictures that looked like we walked right on to the movie set. We rode all the rides ... multiple times ... and couldn't get over all the PERFECT touches.

The paintings on the walls were interacting with one another, Moaning Myrtle was in the restroom, and Ron, Harry & Hermione holograms led us through the castle. Everything was just a dream come true. If you're a Harry Potter fan, this is a must-see!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

16 comments:

  1. ZOMG. so pumped. i'm going mid-June :D so freaking excited. -Sash

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pics! So glad you had a fantastic time. I knew you would!! Can't wait to hear details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been to Disney several times but not since the Harry Potter exhibit opened! I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time! My daughter, a die-hard Disney fanatic, now only wants to return to Universal for WWOHP & the Mummy ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh! I really need to go there! So glad you had fun and I'm so pleased to hear that it feels like you're really there. The execution of this could have tanked majorly but it sounds (and looks) like they did a great job! What I wouldn't do for a real butter beer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I really want to go- it seems so awesome. Many of my students have gone and loved it. I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bought season passes last year so we could keep going back. Can't wait until they expand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That place looks amazing. When it first opened I saw someone's video of their trip there on youtube and I teared up just WATCHING it. I'll be one big nerdy mess when I finally made it down there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the best time there! My husband and I went in July. I'm not a roller coaster person, but I was determined to ride the Dragon Challenge. I kept myself calm by explaining everything we were seeing on the way to the rides to my husband, who is not a Potter fan. I closed my eyes and screamed the whole time, but I did it. And I agree on the Butterbeer. I'd go back just for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooooo jealous. It's my dream to go there. I'm saving up but it will be a few years before I have enough to get there.
    It looks so incredible. I think I'll scream, cry and jump around like a lunatic when I finally get there.:P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always imagined butterbeer tasting like a creamy mix of butterscotch and werther's originals! I was close!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! Did you go to Islands of Adventure THIS PAST weekend?? Cuz, I was definitely there!! I live in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous photos! I absolutely cannot wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! How lucky you are! I WANT to go there! Oh and you're absolutely right, it's great to have pictures, but it's better to enjoy the stay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I WANT TO GO SO BAD!!!!!!! Love all the pictures. Butterbeer sounds absolutely divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to go right now! My fiance and I wanted to go so badly for our honeymoon, but that's sadly just not in the cards. Someday, though, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...