Monday, October 10, 2011

Top 10 Books I Wish I Would Read Again for the First Time



It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is
Top 10 Books I Wish I Would Read Again for the First Time

Not quite 10, but here are a few books that drove me crazy the first time I read them.

It's fun to look back at the questions that were running through my head while I read. Now, of course, the answers are painfully obvious, but I'd love to recapture that urgent sense of "WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT!?"


Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
The Once Unknown: "Okay, J.K., let's be for reals: Is Snape good or bad? Also: Who are you gonna kill off? Because don't front on me, girl, I know you're gonna kill someone."



Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Once Unknown: "WHY IS HE SO DOUCHEY? And why is it so hot?"


Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
The Once Unknown: "Do they really have to kill each other? For reals? Are you sure there's not a secret out? There's gotta be an out."


Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
The Once Unknown: "Are Clary and Jace really brother and sister? If so, this is DISGUSTING. But then why is it, like, also awesome???"


Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty
The Once Unknown: "What's the deal with Marcus Flutie?"

I've reread all of these books several times, but it's never been quite the same as the first time!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

20 comments:

  1. You have some great choices there. I picked Harry Potter, too. I really need to read Sloppy Firsts (etc.) I loved Bumped, so I'm sure I'd like more books by Megan McCafferty, regardless of genre. And I'm about to read City of Bones for the first time. I wonder how that will go? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and Hunger Games are on my list as well. :) Those series are just too awesome.

    I would've put the Mortal Instruments series as well, but I read CoB only a few weeks ago, so I thought it was too early to want to read again for the first time, haha :) Great list!

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure Harry Potter made it to everyone's lists! (It did to mine!)

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/10/books-i-wish-i-could-read-again-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter FTW! And I STILL need to read the Jessica Darling series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HP and Hunger Games are on mine, too! http://thebusybibliophile.com/1011-top-ten-books-i-wish-i-could-read-again-for-the-first-time/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, can we turn back time & meet Marcus Flutie again for the first time?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first three picks are all on my list too! How awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So basically I need to read P&P? Because any douchebag that Anna thinks is hot has to be THE HOTTEST THING EVER. Because Anna + douchebags = usually no.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harry Potter and Hunger Games made my list too. Great choices!

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto HG and HP. Also, anything by Laini Taylor or Robin McKinley, and Chime by Franny Billingsley. Probably also the Narnia series, and Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love this list and the questions. Except Jessica Darling because I have not yet read that series so I can't really have an opinion on it :)
    But I remember asking myself all of those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah it's just never as enjoyable as the first time you read them.

    Erika@Let's talk about books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow we have many the same! Like Harry Potter! Sigh! I wish re-reading it could be as good as the first time.

    http://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list and I agree completely with HP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are some great book. Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  16. It. Is. Offical.

    I'm the only one left in the world who has not read Harry Potter! Seriously every TTT I saw this week had HP in it and 97% of them had The hunger games. I feel kind of guilty for not loving the hunger games//:

    love The Mortal Instruments though! I will try to jump on the bandwagon of P&P soon and because of YOU, I will be reading Jessica Darling series veeeery soon.

    -tank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the "it's never quite as same as the first time" thing! yes. i'm actually said i've read mortal instruments, cause that means i can't read it again for the first time!

    racquel - you're last! go read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does it make me a bad YA reader if, out of your list, I've only read The Hunger Games? I have the Cassie Clare books on audio so I really should get to those soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...