Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Shade Shift Jeri Smith Ready book covers
Shine
By Jeri Smith-Ready
384 pages
Simon Pulse, to be released May 1, 2012

Aura’s love has brought Logan back from being a shade. But now that he’s a violet-hued ghost again, Aura is more confused than ever. She wants to be there for Logan and support him as a friend, but their relationship will come at the expense of her relationship with Zachary, her very alive, very handsome, very Scottish research partner. Both boys hold a piece of her heart—and secrets that can help Aura unlock the mysteries of the Shift and of her past. Aura must decide between the two or risk losing them both. But how?

— Amazon.com description

I cannot praise this series enough. First of all, the author. Jeri is so involved with her fans, constantly interacting them and coming up with new extras from the series to share. She's a delight.

And the book, MY OH MY. It's all sorts of paranormal, but even skeptics will love it. Sick of love triangles? Not in these books. This one is legit and impossible to take sides (though I have to admit I lean toward Zachary).*

For two books now, this series has gone against my expectations and pleasantly surprised me at every turn. I cannot wait to see what surprises book three holds!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

* OK, "leaning toward" is putting it lightly. I LOVE HIM.

12 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly! I share in your enthusiastic waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shine looks like it's going to be good. Heard there are only like 20 arcs of it available & the author picks those bloggers. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read this series - can't wait to see what happens in Shine. Here is our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read these books!!! I need to catch up. :)

    Sarah @ Confessions of the UnPublished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear god I can't wait for this book! I am torn. Logan? Zachary? aaaahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, yeessss, this book has the best love triangle EVER. a lot of my friends are getting tired of it, which just shocks me, because i LOVE it. and yes, i kind of lean toward team zach too. all that scottish goodness--i can't help it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot of great things about this series but I haven't started it yet. They sounds really good though so I'll get to them shortly.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pick!! IM in love with Zachary and cant wait for the last book of the trilogy! sniff!! Grat pick!

    btw, New follower here so nice to meet you ^_^

    I also wanted to invite you to my great international giveaway!! there are 12 different titles from where you can choose!

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    My WoW
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-pandemonium-by.html

    Take care and Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naturally you know I'm fist pumping like a champ to this post. SHINE! WANT! NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read this series, but I've heard nothing but good things about it so looks like I will have to move them to the top of my TBR list. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard this series is pretty good. I'm glad you pick this series for this week. Thank you for sharing!

    Happy reading!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not impossible to take sides! LOGAN! He breaks my heart and I love a love story where they have loved each other since they were kids! I'm super late but I just came across this post and wanted to share :-) It is such a heartbreaking series!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...