Friday, November 18, 2011

Crave by Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns Review

Crave
By Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns

Sept. 21, 2010
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
288 pages
Source: Borrowed from Ginger

Shay could never do the things her friends could--never try out for sports, never go to parties, never fall in love. Because of the mysterious and incurable blood disorder she was born with, she can barely make it through three days of school a week.

But now, her doctor-turned-stepfather has a brand-new treatment that he thinks will change everything. And it does. As soon as the new blood starts pumping into Shay's veins, she has visions of a different life...Gabriel's life. She sees an orphanage, loss, fangs, blood, and lust that she can't explain.

Is Gabriel real? And if he is, could he really be what she thinks he is?


— Goodreads.com description

Oooh this book is creepy. Shay uncovers a big family secret that has her on the run…with a vampire.

Okay, sure, it’s campy, but it’s a pretty fun, quick read that’s full of tension and suspense. People who love vampire books will certainly enjoy it, though it wasn’t a "wow" for me.

But let’s move on to the BEST part about this book…it was written by Melinda Metz a.k.a. the creator of Roswell a.k.a. THE BEST SHOW EVER.

You don’t even know. I was obsessed with show as a teenager. Don’t even get me started on how Roswell was everything Twilight is now, just 10 years prior. That’s gonna be a post for another day. Three cheers for Metz!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

4 comments:

  1. I'm a major Roswell fan too :) Not to knock Twilight, but it's alarming how many things in Twilight seem 'borrowed' from Roswell. I made a list one time and it was pretty big.

    Wish it had never been cancelled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never watched to Roswell show.. My cousin was obsessed though. ugh, 10 years ago.. I'm so old. lol

    this books sounds pretty good. I like vampires, but i'm getting a little burnt out on them. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap I didn't realize this was from the Roswell lady! (PS - I keep staring at that dude's blue eye... it's pretty hot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love campy reads! i need more of those in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...