Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much to Be Thankful For

Happy Turkey Day! Today, I'm feeling quite thankful for...

Bookish/bloggy friends whose kindness, humor and generosity stuns me daily. I love you guys and have been so blessed that this blog led me to so many great friends. I couldn't do this without you.

• The folks at the Story Studio here in Chicago and my teacher M. Molly Backes, who encouraged me to begin work on my own novel (!!!!!).

• Publishers who have graciously sent me some of my favorite reads this year.

• Living and working so close to Tara, who is always willing to join me for an adventure (from Naperville to NYC, trapeze class to sign language school). I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime.

• A book club that, despite my many objections, continues to push me outside of my reading comfort zone. (I will read Game of Thrones this week. I will. I mean it. Kinda.)

• Authors who wake up every morning and write write write, despite all the fun things happening on TV and the interwebs. Your dedication wows me.

• My family, husband and best friends, who brag about my blog to everyone they meet. I couldn't ask for better cheerleaders.

• And, last but not least: you, dear readers.

I'm beyond thankful to each and every one of you for visiting AnnaReads.com. You have no idea how much your support, friendship, book recommendations and conversation fulfill me!

 Anna Reads young adult book blog

11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day. I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY THANKSGIVING LOVELY LADY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is, indeed, a lot to be thankful for. You are a lucky lady! Have a fantastic day with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Anna! I am thankful for your fun, entertaining and educational blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very thankful for having YOU in my life, dear Anna <3 so... thank you for that! Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your Thanksgiving post, kicks my Thanksgiving posts butt! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna. This is Nikki from writing class. Love this post. Keep going with your own novel! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO idea you were working on a novel! i have no doubt it will rock the casbah.

    5 things about which i am thankful for you:
    1. You are going to read Game of Throne. You will not regret anything.
    2. You are hilarious.
    3. You don't judge me when I fangirl.
    4. You are creative like WHOA.
    5. You are a most fantastic blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy thanksgiving! thank you for that cute picture up there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MUAH so thankful to have YOU in my life as well! We have gone on some pretty wild adventures in the short time we've known each other and here's to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! How funny, I'm reading A Game of Thrones for my book club too:) That's a popular one this month, apparently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...