Monday, November 28, 2011

The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski Review

The Sweetest Thing Christina Mandelski book coverThe Sweetest Thing
By Christina Mandelski

May 10, 2011
EgmontUSA, 336 pages
Source: Publisher via NetGalley

A delicious confection for Sarah Dessen fans.

In the world of Sheridan Wells, life is perfect when she’s decorating a cake. Unfortunately, everything else is a complete mess: her mom ran off years ago, her dad is more interested in his restaurant, and the idea of a boyfriend is laughable.

But Sheridan is convinced finding her mom will solve all her problems—only her dad’s about to get a cooking show in New York, which means her dream of a perfect family will be dashed.

Using just the right amount of romance, family drama, and cute boys,
The Sweetest Thing will entice fans with its perfect mixture of girl-friendly ingredients.

— Amazon.com description

Delicious! What a sweet book. Oh, I’m so punny. Ignore the cheese. What I mean to say is that this was a totally delightful contemporary read.

Sheridan Wells is a hot mess, but lord the girl sure does try. She’s coping with boy troubles, school dramarama, a runaway mother and a father who’s threatening to pack them up and move to New York City to film a reality series. And I totally enjoyed every minute of it.

Plus, I was also thrilled to see the book lived up the cover – much of The Sweetest Thing centers on cake decorating, bakeries, pastries and more. Yum!

Fans of Sarah Dessen will enjoy this one.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this little confection too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one too! Glad you liked it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I wish I could've finished this one because it was short and sweet-looking. But Sheridan was way too annoying for me and I think I was particularly pissed off that day. But seriously, I still love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books with cooking/baking involved. I'll definitely read this one :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds super cute and fun. :) Glad that you liked it! I definitely need to read it soon! (and yay for cheeztastic puns :) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...