Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top 10 Authors I'd Invite to Thanksgiving





It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is
Top 10 Authors I'd Invite to Thanksgiving


I asked my husband if I should Photoshop the author's faces onto this image. But he determined "That would be creepy." OMG no one "gets" me! Hahaha.

I’d most want to hang with my favorite queens of contemp at Thanksgiving, or any gathering really. These funny, smart ladies would really know how to kick it:

1. Siobhan Vivian (Not That Kind of Girl)
2. Megan McCafferty (Sloppy Firsts)
3. Leila Sales (Past Perfect)
4. Sarah Mlynowski (Ten Things We Did)
5. Sara Zarr (How to Save a Life)
6. Lauren Barnholdt (One Night That Changes Everything)
7. Jennifer Echols (Forget You)
8. Elizabeth Scott (Stealing Heaven)
9. Simone Elkeles (How to Ruin a Summer Vacation)
10. Stephanie Perkins (Lola and the Boy Next Door)
11. Lauren Oliver (Before I Fall)
12. Jenny Han (The Summer I Turned Pretty)
13. Gayle Forman (If I Stay)

Oh, like I could stop at 10. Besides, only 75 percent of the people you invite to an event actually show up. If any of you are looking for some good reads...look no further than the list above. They're all very much "Anna Books."

Authors, see y'all at Turkey Day. I’ll bring the stuffing!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

14 comments:

  1. I should have put Gayle Forman on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Elizabeth Scott. She's one of my favorite authors. I like all her books.
    I like Sara Zarr, and I really like her book Story of a Girl too. I've re-read that book like ten times in two years. The rest of the authors, some of them I've gotten introduced and the rest I haven't heard of yet. Great post! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Anna I think you should have put the faces in the picture!! It wouldn't seem creepy at all - It would have been passionate and, well, you :) So, it would have been nice ;)

    I love your pick of Authors! ;)

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of those! I can see I'll have some checking out to do!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I so should have put Stephanie Perkins on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list! After reading it i realize i forgot to include Stephanie Perkins, Lauren Oliver and Gayle Forman on mine. What was i thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! Though I was on the brink of feeling REALLY guilty about not having read any of the authors other than Megan McCafferty, but then I got to #10-13, all of whom I really enjoy. Whew.

    Of the other eight, who is the one you would recommend reading first?

    Also, I think Sarah Dessen would be a really good addition to this table. She's such a consistent champ of contemporary YA, and based on what I've seen of her public appearances, she is completely and totally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @yainthesecondcity Oooh, I'd say Lola and the Boy Next Door is the most universally adored, so I'd start there. Def love Sarah Dessen too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah Mlynowski! SARAH MLYNOWSKI!! WHY DO I ALWAYS FORGET AMAZING PEOPLE?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anna I actually inhaled both Anna and Lola in September. I really enjoyed them both, though I remain firmly Team Anna—and not just because of her name! For whatever reason, I just didn't connect with Lola as much, and √Čtienne > Cricket, any day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see a few from my list as well! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wish you had photoshopped it. I GET YOU, ANNA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I love it, Anna! And I think I need to go check out some of those books I haven't read... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not THAT is what I call a girls night! I can't imagine it wouldn't be filled with awesome stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...