Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bye, 2011 / In My Mailbox 33


Bye, 2011. You've been a crazy year -- a year full of learning, with this blog and in life. Taking trapeze, sign language and writing classes certainly helped on that front!




I hope you all leap to new heights and overcome new fears, so to speak, in 2012!




"In My Mailbox" is a weekly post hosted by the lovely Kristi at The Story Siren about what new books we got in the mail (or library or whatever) this week.




My dear friend Tara bought me these gorgeous hardcovers of Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility, Emma and Pride & Prejudice. I basically squealed with delight. Does she know me or much? Thank you, TQ! xo




Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley is on loan from Ginger via Lisa, and I can't wait to read it!

Plus, my friend Rachael bought me The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder and Matched by Ally Condie as Christmas presents. I devoured Matched and already loaned it out to our friend Ali, so it's not pictured here. Thanks, my dear Rachy!

 

Also for Christmas, my big sister bought me these cute Jonathan Adler bookends. Kitties! I love them!



And after a library stop, I also have The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas and Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (on April's recommendation).

Happy reading and happy New Year!

Anna Reads young adult book blog

8 comments:

  1. LOVE those covers of the Austen books. sweet bookshelf candy fo sho.

    can't wait to hear your thoughts on Where Things Come Back!

    Happy Reading and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHH PRETTY Jane Austen covers! I wish I could have a whole room just dedicated to collecting all the different versions of the classics...ahaha!

    Also, The Probability of Miracles is fantabulous.

    Happy New Year, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Jane Austen books!

    Also, that is extremely cool that you took trapeze lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BET ME! YAYYY! I hope you love it. I mean, you should because there is kissing, but YAY!

    Also trapeze. Awesome.

    AND WHAT AWESOME AUSTEN BOOK EDITIONS.

    Happy 2012 Pretty Lady! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to do Trapeze - I am so jealous. :D

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matched is sooooo good, isn't it? I can't wait to read the sequel.

    And holy ow for you taking trapeze!! I wish I had the guts to do that - it looks like it was so much fun!

    Enjoy all your books and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those new hardcovers are sooo pretty! And, just so you know, you're basically awesome for learning trapeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trapeze!! Why couldn't I have had the buff guy in the white pants lol? So glad you like the books :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...