Thursday, December 22, 2011

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley Review

graffiti moon cath crowley coverGraffiti Moon
By Cath Crowley

Feb. 14, 2012
Knopf Books for Young Readers, 272 pages
Source: Publisher/NetGalley

Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. 

Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

— Amazon.com description




Sure, I’ve read a lot of unputdownable books this year. But I haven’t stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG to read one in years. Yet, there I was on a work night, tucked away in blankets and lights dimmed, reading reading reading Graffiti Moon on my couch while my husband slept. The thought of separating myself from these characters and Cath Crowley’s words until I finished was just incomprehensible.

So I stayed up all night. And I read it all. And somewhere along the way, my heart imploded.

I have very few words to describe this romance, this author’s beautiful writing and how it made me feel. Just. No words.

“I stand behind her, watching her watching my work. I feel like I’m shedding my skin, feel like if she turns she’ll see a skeleton man behind her and then she’ll know.”

I mean…GAH. Swoon. Faint. Bring me some smelling salts.

For a gorgeous, romantic book that will make your heart soar, check it out. But learn from my mistakes, dear friends: Start it early on a Saturday morning when you have no distractions ahead. Trust. Prepare for goosebumps.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

8 comments:

  1. omg! I really really need to read my copy of this book soon! You made me so excited and that picture of a girl with flashlight reminds me of myself when I was still living with my mom. it was much better reading like that behind my moms back. :D

    great review!

    ♥Ficbookreviews♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this yesterday and I absolutely loved it! I read another of Cath's books today, Chasing Charlie Duskin and I loved it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is raving about this one. I really must get to it in my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh YES, this book is just so amazing. I already want to re-read it and it isn't even released over here yet. Just unbelievably gorgeous. I'm pretty sure when I read it I was up until all hours of the morning too, because it is definitely a book you do NOT want to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this. I have it on NetGalley and after this review I am super excited to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude. I know. I did not want to stop reading this at all ever.

    I kept thinking, What are they doing now? Are they going to do that drug thing?

    Then I remembered they weren't real. But they kind of are.

    LOVE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! your review wants me to pick it up now! but i fear that ill be like you and spend all night reading it, i have university tomorrow and exams so I can't. I will DEFINITELY read this as soon as i finish this semester!

    - Juhina

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS BOOOK!!!

    ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2011!!

    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...