Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows Review

Incarnate Jodi Meadows book coverIncarnate
By Jodi Meadows

Jan. 31, 2012
Katherine Tegen Books, 384 pages
Source: Publisher

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


— Amazon.com description

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOK ON SO MANY LEVELS. So Ana comes from this totally awful, abusive household that has taught her she deserves nothing -- no possessions of her own, no happiness, NOTHING. And to see begin to discover her own self-worth is just completely motivating yet painful to watch.

And then she meets Sam and he's got 5,000 years of memories from all the lives he's ever lived. AND THEY FALL IN LOVE and it's, like, probably creepy in an Edward/Bella way, but never mind that, because it's SO ROMANTIC I COULD DIE.

It's just so heartbreakingly beautiful to think that he's still discovering new things, new emotions as nuts as LOVE after so many years. And they are so clearly meant for each other even though they try to be all cool about it and it just ends up being SIZZLING.

Like, seriously guys. There's a masquerade ball in which...just...fan yourself. Holy hotness.

And there's dragons. I didn't even get to the dragons yet! Gah. I love a good romance/fantasy, and this one is just tops. I mean, I am aware that I'm not being very articulate, but this book was so good I'm just mush. MUSH, YOU GUYS! MUSH.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one - I was excited for it and now I keep hearing fabulous things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna!! If you could know how much I love your reviews!! They always make me want to just pick the book you're talking about up! :) Honestly, I don't like the cover of Incarnate, but after reading your review,I guess I would be really stupid not reading it ;)
    Thanks for the advice!! And happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And there's dragons. I didn't even get to the dragons yet!"

    LOL.

    Anyway, sounds like this is a really good, creative romance. We've been looking forward to it, and now even more so after reading your review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously excited for this one and can't wait to have it in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get me so excited to read books with your gushing reviews (especially because they always mention the hot guys or romance in the books). Because let's face it--that's what I want to know about the most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say this wasn't a book on my radar, but now it is. Seriously - dragons might be a little out of my norm for reading, but if it's going to be a swoon worthy read, I need to get over it. *adds book to TBR list*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, there are dragons! when I see this book, I think... pretty girl with weird butterfly wing things growing out of her face. WTH. I haven't even read the description until now.

    but I love dragons so I'm sold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was afraid this one was going to just be another pretty face (pretty punny, aren't I), but I'm so glad to hear that it's more than that! Now I'm super excited for it :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is one quote in particular that had me fanning myself like WHOA... yep, bring on the hotness Jodi Meadows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...