Thursday, December 29, 2011

Legend by Marie Lu Review

Legend
By Marie Lu

Nov. 29, 2011
Putnam Juvenile, 336 pages
Source: Publisher

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.


— Amazon.com description

Wow. I got this book in May, but didn't read it until November. WHAT A FOOL!

This stunning adventure swept me away, and considering Legend's cinematic qualities, I'm confident we'll be seeing it in movie theaters someday soon.

There's romance, family drama, BETRAYAL and government corruption -- everything you want out of a good dystopian. Of course, I adored the romance. It was full of all that "We know, but does he know? And does she know he knows?" tension that I never get sick of.

Yeah, I'm sure you're fed up with all the comparisons, but believe me when I say that fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent should check this one out.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

9 comments:

  1. I really loved this book and can't wait for the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read this one too! I've checked it out from the library once and returned it without reading. Sounds like a fabulous dystopian! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this one! Can't wait. Great thoughts, I'm excited to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know! We haven't gotten around to this one yet -- honestly, we're a bit burnt out on dystopian -- but it's in our TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of both The Hunger Games and Divergent - so yes, this one is going on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Legend for Christmas and I'm SO anxious to read it! I am so glad to hear you loved it - I can always trust your recommendations. :) Thanks, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORED this book, it's one my favorites for the year

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everything you said! Great book, and its hard not to compare it to the Hunger Games or Divergent...I dont think it's a bad thing to do that!
    Side note, I am sure it gets annoying to have people pimp their blogs on your site but mine is but a fledgling litte thing and I have no clue how to get it out there other than to do this! So here's the link -
    adandelionspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, apparently I really need to read this one. Next time I see it on the library shelf, I'm definitely snatching it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...