Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Second Chance Summer Morgan Matson book cover
Second Chance Summer
By Morgan Matson

224 pages
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, to be released May 8, 2012

Taylor's family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then Taylor's dad gets devastating news that changes everything. Her parents decide that the family will spend the summer together at their old vacation home in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they’ve ever been before. But all of them are very aware that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.


— Goodreads.com description

Are you guys sick of me going on and on and on about how much I loved Morgan Matson's book Amy & Roger's Epic Detour? TOO BAD! Because I'm going to be raving about that book for years to come. And based on the description alone, I think Second Chance Summer could be a favorite of mine in the making.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

14 comments:

  1. I chose this one a while ago. And although I wasn't crazy about Amy & Roger (well, that's a lie, I did love Roger) I think SCS sounds absolutely great!

    My WoW post this week: Red Heads Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am SO excited for this! I LOVED Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, it was epic! ;) Bring on May 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too! I'm very excited for this one to release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great and is definitely going on my list of books I want to read.


    Check out my WOW.

    Emma @ Lost in a YA book

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely is going on my TBR list it sounds amazing!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unbelievably excited for this book. I can't wait until we can fangirl over it together :) because you know we will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been on my tbr forever. Thanks for sharing.

    Sandra
    New Follower
    WOW - Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand raving about a book that you love. I can't shut up about Stephanie Perkins' ANNA and the FRENCH KISS and LOLA and the BOY NEXT DOOR. I'm in love with those books =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! It is now being added to my TBR list too - can't wait to check it out. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/12/www-wednesdays-waiting-on-wednesday-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds awesome :)

    http://spirit-of-books.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this book looks SO good! Added to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds pretty good :)

    Here's my WoW: http://geobobspinelli.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The description sounds very intriguing. I may have to add it to my list of books to read. I'll be looking forward to your review on this book.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have to try and read Amy & Rogers, because I feel so guilty not actually doing so. What with hearing you gush about it :P

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...