Friday, January 20, 2012

Fracture by Megan Miranda Review

fracture megan miranda book coverFracture
By Megan Miranda

Jan. 17, 2012
Walker Childrens, 272 pages
Source: Publisher

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine -- despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.


— Amazon.com description

As I told Tara on gchat…
me: i just read half of fracture in an hour
Tara: good lord
me: i know
me: it's like If I Stay + The Body Finder
Tara: ooooo
Truly, I read it in about two hours. I just devoured it. And the If I Stay/Body Finder connection? Best way to describe it.

This book is creepy, mysterious and sad. There’s romance and friendship and a crazy chase scene, which all adds up to an exciting, lovely read.

There are paranormal elements, just FYI, but that didn't really register for me. What really stood out was Delaney’s survivor’s guilt and Decker’s fierce, undeniable love for his best friend. This is where this book shined.

Fracture is a strong, thrilling and emotional debut from Megan Miranda.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

10 comments:

  1. I love how your reviews are always short but capture the essence of the book perfectly. A cross between If I Stay and The Body Finder? Sounds like a winner to me! I'll definitely be reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that this book is very similar to The Body Finder (I said the same thing in my review of it). The Body Finder is one of my favorite books, and I loved Fracture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty psyched to read this one. I got to meet and talk to Megan last Tuesday and it was pretty darn awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a fan of The Body Finder, but I enjoyed If I Stay. Regardless, I'm still anxious to read this one. Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting this one tonight! Can't wait to chat with you about it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agreeeee! If I Stay + Body Finder, for sure. I read this one really fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've definitely done the best job at selling me on this book. Thanks for the great review :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...