Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Unbreak My Heart Melissa Walker book cover
Unbreak My Heart By Melissa Walker
240 pages
Bloomsbury USA Childrens, to be released May 22, 2012

Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life.

Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now.

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart?

Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.


— Goodreads.com description

Yes, Ms. Book Description Writer! You have nailed the audience for this book -- sounds like a Dessen/Caletti/Colasanti book, which immediately appeals to me.

Plus, summer + boys + sailboats + introspection? I sense this is going to be a lovely early summer read.

Anna Reads young adult book blog

PS:

12 comments:

  1. You're right, this does look like a perfect Summer read. Maybe I will go to the beach just so I can read this haha! I love the heart graphic thing on the cover. Great pick!

    My WoW: Through the Looking Glass

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so great! Just added it to my wishlist. And the cover is GORGEOUS =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty cover! This book sounds like it will be a big hit this summer!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including Toni Braxton. I was obsessed with this angsty beaut of a song because in my especially trying pre-teen years when problems were like "OMG my bangs aren't puffing the way they should, WOE."

    Also, requested this on NetGalley. Want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one either!

    Nat

    http://bibliojunkies.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So looking forward to this one - <3 Melissa's books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds so good. I'm currently reading Sarah Dessens Along for the ride, and I'm loving the beach scenery and the real life issues.

    adding this one to my "to read" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for this one - I adored her book Small Town Sinners and this one sounds just great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks AMAZING, anything getting compared to Sarah Dessen will do me!

    Mine is at YA Yeah Yeah if you'd like to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTALLY SINGING THE TONI BRAXTON SONG.

    uncry these teeearrrrrrrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. seen this one alot, it looks so good! and makes me want a boat!

    I have a giveaway on my blog! stop by! :)

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...