Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top 10 Most Heartbreaking Young Adult Books




It's Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:

Top 10 Books That Broke Your Heart a Little

Earlier this year, I read a book called The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas. I’ll put the review up a few weeks from now, but I wanted to talk about one thing right away:

How I spent the entire book SOBBING LIKE A BABY.

In The Survival Kit, the main character finds a “survival kit” made by her mom on the day of her funeral – a brown paper bag filled with random objects that she uses, bit by bit, to find a way to get through her debilitating grief.

I mean, if that stuff doesn’t make you cry, I don’t know what will.

Despite being a HUGE crier in my own life (I’m sensitive, whatever), I hardly ever cry in books. But when I do, I sort of love it. It means a book really took me on an emotional journey, really broke through and touched me. Here’s a few recent books I remember sobbing at:


Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (if you’ve read it, you know why)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (any of the death scenes)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (RUE!)
Where She Went by Gayle Forman (bridge scene)
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (another sobby bridge scene)
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready (I’m a Zachary fan, but it’s Logan who made me cry)

So. Guys. For the next time I’m in the mood for a good ole sobfest, what are your recommendations? Please share in the comments!

 Anna Reads young adult book blog

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your list! I need a tissue just thinking about the scenes in these books. I need to pick up Hallowed now.

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great taste in books, I need to follow you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently became a huge reader, I love your blog and can't wait to read these. what a pretty blog. Love this! Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. Please follow me! & like me on Facebook! If you have bloglovin, we should follow each other!
    xox
    Janicethitran.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book is very important.
    this conent is very good .
    i need this book.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...